This is part 1 in a summer series of my tips on eating healthy and getting fit.
I started Weightwatchers a couple of weeks ago and have also set myself a few rules in order to try and get healthier and have a better lifestyle.
The rules that I have tried to set myself are:
- No fizzy drinks (with full sugar)
- Eat 5 a day, every day
- Drink more water, even if its dilute
- Keep track of measurements every week and keep a record
- Exercise at least 3 days a week.
- No fried foods
- No bad snacks
- No cheese
- Friendly foods: salad, vegetables and fruit
- Choose brown/ wholemeal (bread, rice and pasta)
A few weight loss tips are:
- Fruit and veg are your best friends. They are good for you and will all go towards your 5 a day.
- Tell people your losing weight. So if you get invited out for a meal with friends you don't have to say no because your worried about what your going to eat. If people know then they'll expect you to get a lighter meal or a salad.
- Do it for yourself! Don't do it just to please your family, partner or anyone else. You have to make sure your doing it for the right reasons and for you.
- Make sure you eat in moderation. If you want to eat a few Haribo sweets, do it! Just don't eat the whole packet. Everyone needs a treat every now and then, so don't deprive yourself of what you want.